+1 (213) 740-2579
Salvatori Computer Science Center
941 Bloom Walk,
I completed my PhD in Computer Engineering at the
University of Florence, Italy (2015). From August 2016 to
November 2018, I was a postdoc at USC in the
Quantitative Evaluation and Design Group.
Since December 2018, I am a Senior Research Associate at USC.
My research focuses on:
- stochastic models for performance and reliability evaluation;
- solution techniques for non-Markovian processes;
- concurrent and distributed systems.
I've been teaching the course "Introduction to Computer Systems"
(CS356) during the Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020 semesters.
Please check the class website for
I am a main developer of the ORIS Tool
(featured on Transactions on Software Engineering).
I designed and implemented (in Java):
- state space analysis of time Petri nets using DBM zones;
- transient analysis of stochastic time Petri nets (STPNs) with
generally-distributed timers (and underlying GSMP process);
- regenerative transient analysis of STPNs (symbolic
integration over DBM zones and numerical solution of
- probabilistic model checking of an interval until operator for
Markov regenerative processes.
I served as reviewer, PC member and chair of conferences in
the area of performance, reliability, and quantitative
- SIGMETRICS: publicity chair of SIGMETRICS 2018.
- QEST (International Conference on Quantitative Analysis of Systems):
PC member (2019, 2020), publicity and publications chair (2014), tools chair (2017),
external reviewer (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).
- IFIP Performance: external reviewer (2016).
- ISSRE (IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering):
publicity chair (2020), PC member (2015).
- EPEW (European Workshop on Performance Engineering):
PC member (2015), program co-chair (2016), PC member (2017, 2018, 2019).
- VALUETOOLS (International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools):
publicity chair (2015), external reviewer (2013, 2014, 2015).
- ICPE (International Conference on Performance Engineering):
tools and demonstrations chair (2018).
- MASCOTS (Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems):
external reviewer (2016, 2017).
- FORMATS (International conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems):
external reviewer (2013, 2015, 2016).
- SDDCS (International Workshop of Software-Defined Data Communications and Storage):
PC member (2017).
- VECoS (International Workshop on Verification and Evaluation of Computer and Communication Systems):
PC member (2013).
- ICTAC (International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing):
external reviewer (2014).
I have been a reviewer for Performance Evaluation (2017), Journal of Systems and Software (2016), Reliability Engineering & System Safety (2016), Journal of Internet Services and Applications (2016).